Try these home remedies for the removal of stretch marks and you may just become successful at it!
Stretch marks are the squiggly lines on the skin, usually ranging in color from pinkish and purplish to silvery and white depending on their age. While these are cosmetic problems, many affected teens and adults want them removed because of their impact on their confidence.
But can they be removed? Yes and no. Yes, they can be removed with the application of natural and medical methods. No, they cannot be fully removed but their appearance can be improved with the following home remedies. Keep in mind to set realistic expectations about their improved appearance, especially with older stretch marks.
In most cases, these home remedies can provide better results on newer stretch marks. This is because the skin is still in its healing process and these remedies can facilitate it. But you may well gain good results, too, on older stretch marks. The trick is in applying these methods along with adopting a good skin care routine, a healthy diet and lifestyle, and a positive body image attitude.
Aloe vera is a traditional treatment for a wide range of skin and scalp issues. These include the treatment of minor wounds, burns and skin infections, dry and flaky skin, and dry scalp, all of which benefit from its soothing and cooling properties. Even Mayo Clinic says that it may be effective as an adjunct treatment for chronic skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and skin ulcers!
The gel-like extract may work against stretch marks by moisturizing the skin and, thus, reducing the appearance of the fine to deep lines that characterize the skin condition. There are two main ways of using aloe vera as part of your stretch mark treatment.
- Rub aloe vera gel directly on the stretch marks. You can either break open a fresh aloe vera stem or buy a ready-to-use aloe vera gel. Leave it on for about 15 minutes to let the gel soak your skin before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Apply a moisturizer or an anti-stretch mark cream afterwards.
- Mix well the oil from 10 capsules of Vitamin E and ¼ cup of aloe vera gel in a small bowl. Apply the mixture on the stretch marks using gentle circular motions. Leave it be so that it can be fully absorbed into the skin; it can also be your body moisturizer. Apply at least once daily, preferably after your bath so that the beneficial ingredients can be absorbed into your open pores.
Yet another natural remedy for stretch marks is castor oil, a skin-friendly oil also used in the improvement of the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots. You can use it in the following manner:
- Apply a liberal amount of castor oil on your stretch marks.
- Massage it using gentle circular motions for 5-10 minutes so that it can penetrate the skin as much as possible.
- Wrap the treatment area with a thin cloth, preferably made of cotton.
- Apply a heating pad, hot water bottle, or small towel dipped in hot water over the treatment area.
- Let the heat application stay for 30 minutes or so.
- Repeat once daily based on your schedule, such as at night before bed.
You may have to repeat these steps for a month before you can see positive results.
The golden oil contains high levels of Vitamins A, D and E essential to skin health. No wonder then that it’s a favorite traditional treatment for stretch marks, especially for more recent ones.
- Gently massage extra-virgin olive oil into your stretch marks for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes so that the nutrients can penetrate into your skin.
- Rinse off or wipe off afterwards.
Of course, you should also make olive oil part of your diet. Your skin, after all, will, benefit from the nourishment to its cells.
Dead skin cells can worsen the appearance of stretch marks. But when skin is exfoliated on a regular basis, the dead skin cells are removed resulting in the younger skin cells coming to the surface. Think of the dead skin cells as the grime that covers the beauty of your skin underneath.
And sugar is among the best natural exfoliants! Here’s how to use it as a stretch marks treatment:
- Mix a tablespoon of white or brown sugar with almond oil and lemon juice. You can decide on the amounts of the two liquid ingredients depending on your preference. Mix the ingredients well and apply it on your stretch marks.
- Gently massage in the mixture for a few minutes to exfoliate dead skin cells. You should do it before taking your shower.
- Rinse off with water when you’re satisfied with the good scrubbing.
You may also have to wait for a month of regular and proper exfoliation before your stretch marks have a lighter appearance.
*** Try Revitol Stretch Mark Cream , this cream is the best one of stretch mark removal cream.